- The Awesomest 7-Year Postdoc or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Tenure-Track Faculty Life
- “Young Minds in Critical Condition” – a blog post about the significance put on ‘critical thinking’ over discovery…
- “How journals like Nature, Science, and Cell are damaging science…” – an article by Nobel prize-winner Randy Schekman about “luxury journals” and distorted incentives
- “The role of the monitoring editor” – What’s the difference between journals with professional editors and those with monitoring editors, who are active scientists?
- Uri Alon‘s TED talk: “Why truly innovative science demands a leap into the unknown” (watch below)
- http://digg.com/video/can-you-solve-this – a cool video about scientific method
- “The pursuit of ignorance” – TED talk by Stuart Firestein about educating young scientists